How important are hunters for Colorado’s economy?
Hunting specifically supports thousands of jobs, both rural and urban, across the state of Colorado, and our goal is to provide a unified voice for all of these stakeholders. Hunting Works For Colorado will monitor public policy decisions and weigh in on hunting-related issues that impact Colorado jobs.
$465 million spent annually.
• 259,000 people hunt in Colorado each year.
• Of those hunters, 115,000 are from out of state.
• Colorado hunters spend $221 million on trip-related expenditures.
• Hunters in Colorado spend $185 million on hunting equipment.
• Each hunter spends an average of $1,800 a year in Colorado.
• Hunter spending translates to $292 million in salaries and wages.
• Hunting in Colorado supports 8,400 Colorado jobs.
• Hunters pay $51 million in state and local taxes.
$763 million ripple effect.